Sunday, July 1, 2012

Elder Henrikson

Meet my brother.  Sam Henrikson.  Now known as Elder Henrikson!  After 2 agonizing weeks of waiting, all of us swearing an oath to Sam that we wouldn't check the mail, (and for those of you who know that I LOVE to check the mail, you  must know was difficult that was for me) The Call finally came! It arrived on Thursday and Sam was home alone, so he opened it and told the rest of us it hadn't arrived (which is so Sam by the way...).  We continued our day as usual and when the whole family was finally ALL home (which wasn't until almost 11 pm) Sam pulls out the BIG WHITE ENVELOPE!!!  Of course this caused quite the uproar, as I'm sure you can imagine.  Dad even called Sam a "terd", which still makes me giggle... Anyways, Sam sat us all down and read the letter to us.
This next part shows my inner geek.   Sam begins and when he gets to the part (ya know the one that we're all holding our breath for!!!!) he says "You have been called to serve in the Shire, Middle Earth..." I stood up and screamed.  I heard "The Shire" and started wigging out and it took a second for it to dawn on me that Middle Earth doesn't exist.  The Shire doesn't exist.  Wow.  Hello, my name is Hannah and I'm obsessed with the Lord of the Rings.  It's amazing I still have friends.  Well, back to Sam.  After the laughter at my outburst died down, Sam told us where he is really going....
Are you ready?

MISSISSIPPI, JACKSON MISSION 


Sam will be a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Jackson Mississippi. It's not the Shire but it's probably just as foreign!  We are super excited!  I am so proud of my little brother.  I am proud and grateful that he has chosen to sacrifice 2 years of his life to serve the Lord.  He is an example to me of righteousness and of putting the Lord first in your life.  He has so much faith.  I don't know if I could do what he is about to do.  Sam has taught me so much and I am so grateful that he is my brother.  I love him so much!  I know that he and my family will be blessed for his sacrifice.  I also know that he is going to bless and influence so many people in Mississippi while he is on the Lord's errand.

  Sam, Thank you for your example.  I LOVE YOU!


No comments: