Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 3: Utah Shakespeare Festival

When Marisa first mentioned going to the Shakespeare Festival a couple months ago, I readily agreed!  I have been so excited for this!  I love watching performances.  If I was rich I would go see plays and musicals  ALL THE TIME!  No joke.  For our trip to Cedar City we had two plays lined up for us.  We caught a matinee showing of The Merry Wives of Windsor and an evening performance of Les Miserables.  





They have an area on the Southern Utah University campus where they perform outside just like in Shakespeare's time.  It's pretty sweet!  But both our shows were inside.

Merry Wives was hilarious.  Who doesn't enjoy a good Shakespeare comedy?  Honestly.  
Les Mis was AMAZING!!  I have always wanted to see it and with the new movie coming out I really wanted to see it live first.  It was just as great as I thought it would be.  SEE IT!


I had a great time with Marisa and her Mom!  I am indebted to them for planning and paying for this trip!  I am so grateful to have such a great friend who enjoys the arts just as much as I do.  Thanks so much for letting me tag along!!  I had a blast!  It was a great experience!  I would definitely go again!


No comments: