Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 15 KATELYNN

Since the day I arrived in Utah I have waited, and waited, and waited with growing excitement for this day.  The day that I would be reunited with Katelynn Stark!  Katelynn is greatest friend I could ever ask for.  I am so grateful for her friendship!  I can't even say where I would be without her.  She is always there for me; without fail I know that I can go to Katelynn for anything and she will be there!



I feel like I should describe our history.  Katelynn and I have known each other for a long time.  We were in the same ward for most of our lives but were never friends.  We hardly ever talked, actually.  She intimidated me.  I didn't think she would like me and honestly I wasn't sure I would like her.  For 3 years we would both arrive 10 or so minutes early to seminary, try not to make eye contact, and avoid each other.  Then one day that all changed.  I was hanging out with my friend Jessie the summer before senior year and we decided to go to the mall.  Jessie invited Katelynn to come along.  I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about that but I wanted to be with Jess so I agreed to it.  I will be forever grateful that Jess invited Katelynn because who knows if we would've talked to each other.  It was a magical day at the mall! Katelynn needed to find something to wear to her brother's wedding in Hawaii, she also only had $2.  Seems impossible right?  Well, it wasn't because it was a magical day and I'm awesome.  I found a way cute skirt at Old Navy (of course) that was very Islandy and flowy, blue and green.  It didn't have a price tag so we asked a clerk the price to scan it.  It was only 97 cents.  Yes, you read that right.  97 CENTS!  Perfect!  And Katelynn had a dollar to spare.  It was also free pretzel day at the mall.  Purely magical.  And the rest is history.  Katelynn and I have been great friends from that day on. 

 We were super close our Senior year and spent lots of time together since we were both in drama.  We had lots of down time during rehearsals and we would eat the delicious frosting her mom would make.  We would go to Muchas Gracias and my burrito would leak all over me.  We sang at the top of our lungs to the radio in my car.  We would make instant mashed potatoes and eat while sitting on her kitchen floor.



 We have done so much together, we've laughed and cried together.  But my favorite thing we do together is WALK.  The most therapeutic walks EVER.  I would go to Katelynn's and we would walk her hill and talk about EVERYTHING!  Boys, school, work, fears, plans, the future, the stuff we love and the stuff we hate, people we knew, LIFE.  We have talked about all those things and more on our walks.  Even when I left for college, whenever I came home I would go to Katelynn's and we would walk.  I love our walks.  I have been saving up so many things to say to her since I arrive in Utah.  And we walked for at least an hour and I spilled my guts.  I'd be so lost without Katelynn.  She is AMAZING.  She has taught me so much.  She is one of the most encouraging people I know.  And the fact that she believes in me and loves me gives me so much strength.  I just can't even describe or say how important she is to me and how much I love her.  She has come so far.  I am so proud of her and all the things that she has overcome and accomplished in her life.  She's my hero.  I am so grateful we became friends.


Thank you Katelynn.  Thank you for being AMAZING, AWESOME, and my BEST FRIEND.
I LOVE YOU.

No comments: