Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 11

We had planned to go to Park City but there was a change of plans and instead we took a drive through The Canyon.  We stopped at a park to do some reading.  Marisa made these fabulous roll out blankets, actually made of towels, with pillows that we take to parks for napping and reading on.

Here is a photo of it when it's rolled out.  It rolls up to look like a duffel bag and has handles.  
It is pretty much amazing.  Marisa is a crafty sewing genius.


This was my view from my blanket as I read.  It was really beautiful.

So we read for a while and then walked a little ways to the Bridal Veil Falls.

Don't you love my hair...awful...

There were lots of kids playing in the water, even though it wasn't a very warm day today.  Mar and I put our feet in the water but it was CHILLY!

On the way back home we stopped at a little shopping village with fun and expensive stores!

I just had to share this one.  "Called to Surf".  Get it?  Called to Surf?  Like "Called to Serve".  Just a little crazy Mormon humor...I thought it was a bit ridiculous.  Had some cute and REALLY expensive swim suits.

Last stop: Barnes and Noble because I have a $50 gift card burning a hole in my pocket!!!
Someday I will be rich and I will buy every book in the store.  Well, not every book but pretty much.  Today I settled on two books.  Both of them having to do with, yep you guessed it, JANE AUSTEN.  My obsession.  I already own her six major novels  but I always want to buy them again!  But today I didn't.


A Jane Austen Education (How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things that Really Matter) by William Deresiewicz.  How can this not be awesome?  I wish I could write something like this.

Lady Susan, The Watsons, and Sandition by Jane Austen.  A short novel and two unfinished novels written by Jane Austen.  I haven't read these and they aren't always easy to find so I am super excited!

YAY for Jane Austen!  I really am a nerd.


2 comments:

Nellieloue23 said...

Those Towel/Pillow things are adorable!! Looks like you guys are doing some fun things. Enjoy your time in Utah love!

The VIPs said...

Love Jane Austen!