Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 2: Bryce Canyon


Tuesday morning Marisa, her mom, and I got in the car to head to Cedar City for the Utah Shakespeare Festival.  We took a detour to Bryce Canyon.  It was amazing and absolutely beautiful!

Before you reach Bryce Canyon you drive through Red Canyon.  These pictures don't really do it justice but it is gorgeous!  I was absolutely enthralled with the orange!  And we got to drive through that tunnel!  We stopped and I picked up a couple little orange rocks for Mom.



When we arrived at Bryce Canyon watched an informative video and then headed out to some view points and little trails.  Isn't it a great view!?

I loved all the orange!  It is amazing how nature created this!  Melting snow and flash floods formed all these rocks and trails!  I am in awe of God's creations.  It is truly beautiful!

I really wanted to go in these cave like things but we weren't sure how to get to them safely.  Aren't they cool?!

Marisa and I excited to be there!  
The canyon is HUGE!  And we could only see part of it!

These are called Hoodoos.  They are all over the canyon.  The Native Americans believed they were people who had been turned into stone by the tricky coyote.



There were people from all nationalities visiting!  I heard some French, Spanish, Chinese/Japanese, and some other European language that may have been Russian.  And we met a girl from Oklahoma!  People travel from so far to see this beautiful landscape!

On the way we had stopped at a little restaurant for some lunch.  They claimed to serve delicious pie but we were full from lunch so we decided to stop on our way back.






They didn't lie!  The pie was DELICIOUS!!  And look how big that piece is!  It's like as big as my face!!  After much deliberation, I chose coconut cream. Holy Smokes! YUM!  The whipped cream on top was literally 2 inches thick.  It was a great way to end our Bryce Canyon Adventure!

No comments: