Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beginning of Classes

Today was the first day of winter semester. It actually wasn't too bad until 2 o'clock when I walked into Smith 131...SPANISH LIT!!!!!! I think I hyperventilated the whole class. Hyperventilating is one of my talents I've decided. ;) But my other classes were great. I am taking an adolescence, early childhood, and family interactions, D&C, and then Spanish Lit. If I stay on top of things I should do fine. But I may just keel over and die in a few weeks from Spanish. Haha, no I am going to try to have an optimistic attitude. Wish me luck!

The day before classes my roommates and I went grocery shopping and bought our books. I think buying textbooks is the worst thing about college. It is completely depressing! But this semester I only had to pay $250, the cheapest semester yet! I bought my 2 books for Spanish off of Amazon. The bookstore wanted $30 and I paid about $14 for both! I love saving money! After getting our books we decided to take a trip to Winco in IF. But first we had to dig out my roommates car. It was completely covered in snow and ice. It wouldn't start so we had to jump-start it with my other roommates car. Then we had to push the cars out. It was quite an adventure!

So far this semester is starting out good so I'm pretty excited. Now if all the snow would melt I'd be super happy!

2 comments:

The Henriksons said...

I love the music!! I've got to learn how to do that. And your back drop. I wish I was taking your spanish class!! Mom

MaudieV said...

So, your roommates are watching, are you? Good luck with classes. Love ya!