Monday, January 19, 2009

Sister of a Different Mister

I absolutely LOVE 3 day weekends and I needed this one! The semester has only been a week and a half long and I'm already tired of it! I just can't seem to stay on top of things and I'm not at all motivated. My dear friend Jessie came to visit this weekend from BYU. She is also from Hockinson and we went to High School together. We call each other sisters of a different mister. :) She arrived Friday night around 10 right in the middle of my roommates and mine's party! There were so many people in our little apartment and I didn't know half of them! People just kept showing up. We had a big game of Wacky Six happening(I'd never played before but now I'm hooked!) Our neighbors probably didn't like us much because we were screaming and having a good time.
On Saturday Jessie came with me, Elise, Kimberly, and Marisa to the temple to do baptisms. We arrived at the temple at 10 and didn't leave till after 1. The Temple is pretty busy on Saturdays we had about a 2 1/2 hour wait. But what better place to spend 3 hours? I usually go during the week though because it's less busy. The chapel was completely full and there were students waiting in the lobby too! But it is really cool to see all these people in the temple. Oh, and little side note, I love how they call everyone "brother" and "sister". When we got back from the temple we all went to see HSM3 at the cheap theater. Marisa is obsessed with HSM and made us all promise that when it came to the cheap theater we would go. I've never seen them but I promised. It wasn't too bad. Jessie and I chilled for the rest of the day. I showed her around BYU-Idaho and we freaked out together about our friend Chelsie getting married in May. I think we both tried to help the other come to terms with it...I'm still freaking out though.
Sunday we just relaxed and had some guys over for both lunch and dinner. And then this morning after making me one of her amazing omelets Jessie headed back to Provo. But it wasn't too sad of a farewell because my roommates are going to Provo for the 3 day weekend in February. So I've just got to survive a month and then I get a little vacation!

2 comments:

The Henriksons said...

I am so glad you and Jesse had a fun weekend. I love Jesse!! I wore my new red pea coat to church on Sunday and I think we need to form a pea coat club!! Mom

MaudieV said...

Crazy, Hannah. We were in the same temple at the same time. We arrived at 9:15, the Sealing was at 11:00am, and we were taking pics until 12:30. Crazy. No wonder why I thought of you during that time. Sounds like a great weekend.