Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!!!!!


My mom is my absolute best friend. I call and talk to her everyday and I can tell her anything and everything. I've always been close to her and as I've gotten older we've grown closer. I think this is because I am the only girl and didn't have a sister to be close with. Instead my mom became my sister. I used to be jealous of my friends and their sisters but now I'm glad I'm the only girl and don't have to share my mom with any other sisters(I know that may sound selfish, but oh well.) I've had friends who've envied mom and mine's good relationship. She is my greatest example and support. Here are a few reasons why my mom is the best and why I love her:
  1. She can always tell when something is wrong with me, even if it's over the phone and she won't hang up until she's helped me figure it out
  2. She always writes me little notes. She would leave them on my bed, in my lunch, or in luggage when I leave home
  3. She sends me random care packages with chocolate and other fun stuff
  4. She always recommends good books to read and they become both our favorites(Constance, The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society, Mary Higgins Clark, and others)
  5. She always remembers others birthdays and puts together a little gift for them
  6. She gives of herself and sacrifices for her family and others
  7. She listens to her Ipod sometimes while making dinner and sings along out loud(it's so funny!)
  8. She is so crafty and has so many creative ideas
  9. She let me paint over the yellow and blue checkers in my room and paint grean, blue, purple, and black polka dots.
  10. She is computer handicapped...and yes I love her for it. It gives me a good reason to be helpful...oh and it's sometimes a good laugh
  11. She has a great taste in movies and I love so many of the ones I love because of her
  12. Whenever I hear the song "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" I think of the day we were riding around in Thelma with the windows down and that song blaring on the radio. :)
  13. Her testimony of Jesus Christ and the Church is so strong and apparent in her everyday actions and love.
  14. She makes delicious caramels at Christmas time.
  15. She is like a mother bear, defensive of her little cubs
  16. She would let me cuddle on the couch with her even though my point elbows dug into her side
  17. She started a book club and a craft cult ;)
  18. She doesn't have a facebook
  19. She picked me up from school everyday during high school because there wasn't a bus and I had a fear of driving
  20. She came down for mother's weekend and we got the whole weekend together
  21. She cried when the neighbors tore down the old rock wall(We created the 11th commandment Thou shalt not tear down the rock wall!)
  22. She irons everyone's clothes Saturday night, I hate ironing, so she's practically a saint!
  23. She'll dance around the kitchen with me.
  24. She'll go TPing with me and my friends at midnight
  25. She helped me to become who I am today
THANKS MOM FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE! YOU ARE THE BEST EVER(and I'm not just saying that)TE AMO CON TODA MI ALMA!





2 comments:

The Henriksons said...

Hey Hannah!! Thanks so much. This was the best birthday present ever. (You made me cry). I am so glad you are my daughter and feel so blessed to be your mom and friend. You are such an example to me and to our family. I look forward to April when you will be home for a while and we can watch movies and just be together. I love you lots, Mom

The Henriksons said...

Just wanted to say I love your new background page!! And I love your first song on your play list!! Mom