Thursday, March 5, 2009

Can you say WINDY?!

Rexburg has been having beautiful weather! It feels like spring and I am enjoying every minute of it! Today is 31 degrees, a little cloudy but you can still see the sun. So perfect? I thought so till I stepped outside my apartment. 28 MPH winds! I kid you not! That is what my google weather informs me. And of course it's Thursday so I wear a skirt because I'm headed to the Temple after class. My goal became "get to the nearest building quickly without your skirt blowing up!" I never seemed to be going with the wind, always against it. The wind is so bad that they can't keep the boiler going at the Temple so the water in the font was little chilly...a new experience for me. But as the temple worker said, nothing different then from what our ancestors had to experience and we're lucky because we aren't chipping ice. So true! But I wasn't blown away to the Land of Oz! A nice old man at the Temple was finishing just as Kimberly and I were, and offered us a ride. I know you shouldn't accept rides from strangers but the other Temple worker said we should and it was nice not to have to walk. I'm safe in my little apartment now watching the trees bend in the wind.

2 comments:

MaudieV said...

Good Ole Rexburg! Gotta Love It!!

The VIPs said...

31 degrees = spring weather???

alright- this proves you've been in snowy Rexburg too long.