Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Am Thankful For...

FAMILY
My family is wonderful. Last night while on the ride home Luke called me
"Hannah, this is Luke. How soon will you be home?"
"Probably about 45 minutes, why?"
"Because I'm waiting by the window for you"
Aaaaaaah! That is so CUTE! Gosh dang it he's so freaking adorable! I love that he's still at the age where he wants to show his love to me and runs and jumps in my arms when I walk in the door. I am going to soak that up for as long as possible because who knows how long that will last!
So being home is fantastic! I love it, I also forgot how loud it is and that the boys love to throw each other down on the floor and wrestle and hit each other with pillows and if you're not careful you get sucked in too!
So anyways...I am very grateful for my wonderful family. For my 4 little brothers who drive me crazy sometimes but I still love. I am grateful they are all boys, while a sister would've been nice, I love my boys!! I am also grateful for two wonderful parents who have taught me so much and who have helped me to get where I am today. I would not be who I am without their love and guidance. This semester I have been reminded over and over again how lucky I am to have been born into this family. As I visited with and learned about juvenile delinquents I realized that so many, almost all, have come from broken and nonfunctional homes. Homes where the parents taught them to steal and introduced them to drugs and alcohol and were abusive. Daily, I am so thankful that I was born into a family that had the gospel and lived the principals of the gospel. I have been truly blessed. I am thankful for my family.

1 comment:

The Henriksons said...

And we are equally thankful for you!! Glad you are home. Mom