Friday, January 8, 2010

If I Don't Blog for a While it's Because I've Crawled into a Hole and I'm Not Coming Out

So I knew that last semester was too good to be true. My life was way to easy...classes were simple, they had their moments of difficulty but those moments never lasted long. Even though I was doing my practicum after the first month of confusion it was easy breezy...

Well those days are over! I have only finished the first week of the semester and I haven't stopped hyperventilating since I read my syllabus for Eng 201(Adv Writing and Critical Thinking) Tuesday night. I could take only that class and still be busy all day long. The worst of it...the teacher is funny and students love him...which makes it really hard to hate him. He has us choose which grade we want to get out of the class and the amount of work we get is dependent on our individual choice of grade. I, of course, have chosen an A. Partially because I have to get a 4.0 to get my scholarship and also because I can't seem to let myself aim for lower...even though the amount of work needed to get an A is insane. Now I know that I sound whiny...and I should stop complaining. So...


The Things Keeping Me From Not Crawling into a Hole and Never Coming Out:
  • My new roommates. They are Awesome!!! We are all pretty busy so we don't spend too much time together but when we do it's great.
  • My personal roommate Austin(Pictures soon to come) We are kindred spirits. We love the same movies (You've Got Mail, While You Were Sleeping, Bewitched, North and South, Sleepless in Seattle, the list goes on) We Love the same books (Jane Austen most importantly) The only downside is we stay up way too late talking and laughing so 6 am comes pretty early!
  • Marisa...she refuses to let me crawl into the hole...
  • The new frozen yogurt place called Twizl Berry. I am going at 4:30 for some deliciousness!
  • My Ward. My Bishopric is great! They came by and visited earlier this week and it made me happy. Except Bishop works at Main Street Diamonds and is all about getting rings on our fingers but none of us really have time for that this semester...
  • My Books-I love being able to escape! I am currently escaping into the world of The Scarlet Pimpernel. LOVE IT!!!
  • My Family-I miss them...but I keep in touch.
  • Mom-she also refuses to let me crawl into the hole and listens to me rant and vent forever on the phone. Thanks Mom!!
  • My Knowledge that this insanity will only last about 3 months and then it will be over. And I'll come out a better and smarter(hopefully) person who will no longer be thinking of ways to punish her English teacher... :)
So Life really isn't so bad...I guess I'll Live.

3 comments:

The Henriksons said...

Thanks for changing my blog background. You are the best daughter ever!! I am glad Marissa won't let you crawl into the hole!! And call me any time!! I love you!! Mom

The Henriksons said...

I love you Hannah. I know you will survive. Remember, Henrikson's never give up...You are the best!!

Dad

MaudieV said...

Thanks Hannah. This blog puts my world into a better perspective. Twenty-two unmotivated students seem easier to attack than Advanced Writing!! Have a great semester!! (missed seeing you at Christmas?)
Aunt Maudie