Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Definitely Winter in Rexburg!

Today the high was 16 degrees. Yes, that's right. The low was ZERO!!! But I'm pretty sure when I left my apartment this morning at 7:30 it was below zero. At least there wasn't much wind because that will subtract maybe 10-15 degrees off the temp. My nose hairs froze on the way to class. Sorry if that's too much info but I'm just telling you like it is. It is really a very interesting experience when that happens...I can't even explain the sensation. And it's even more interesting when you have a cold...
Yesterday was just as cold, maybe colder. I went to the Temple and by the time I got there I couldn't feel my legs. It was nice to walk into the font filled with nice warm water! And I made sure that I thoroughly blow dried my hair afterward before walking home so I wouldn't have icicle hair.
No matter what I do I can't seem to get warm! How did the pioneers do it? I'd have died. Pretty sure.
Anyways...winter is definitely here!


3 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Oh man, I am totally glad we don't live there anymore! haha!! Sorry Hannah, only a couple more semesters right? haha! Hopefully we will see you when you come home for Christmas!! Good luck with finals!

The Henriksons said...

I am so proud of you for going to the temple anyway!! Thanks for changing my blog!! I have been meaning to ask you to!! You are the best daughter ever!! Mom

Ariane said...

Ah the sensation of freezing nose hairs. Not everyone has experienced it. I know it is hard to enjoy temperatures below zero but there is one fun thing you can do. Buy some bubbles, put them in the fridge for a day to chill them, then go outside and blow them when the temp drops below zero. They freeze!