Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I don't know if it's the turkey and mashed potatoes, being with my family in the little old school house, or the sales after. But I hate it when people just skip right over Thanksgiving and move into Christmas. In fact it drives my crazy that radios are already playing Christmas songs and people have put up their trees. I think sometimes that we live in a world of instant gratification. We can get what we want in an instant and we don't sit back and look at what we already have or who made it possible for us to receive these blessings. Of all the Holidays Thanksgiving shouldn't be one that we are skipping over. Each one of us has so many things to be grateful for! Even during the rough times there are little and simple things we can be thankful for. I hope that this week we all take a little time to pause and think about what we are thankful for and show gratitude to our Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Totally agree!! You are awesome!! Hope you are enjoying you time at home!! Bummer we won't be here for Thanksgiving!! We are headed to Burley!! FUN!!! haha!! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!! Thanks for the GREAT post!! Love it!!

The Henriksons said...

Hannah, I totally agree. Why would we skip over a time when we should be grateful for what we have and be showing that gratitude. Love the post. Mom