Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HEY DUFUR!!!!

3 years ago a friend, Emma Koenig, passed away and today on the anniversary of her death I've found myself thinking about how short and fragile life can be and how much I take for granted. I am in a couple family classes, one dedicated just to The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and I have had a lot of insights and reminders of how important the family is and that it is eternal. We sang "I have a family here on earth" and I thought of Emma's mom and how she cries everytime we sing that song. I think sometimes I take that wonderful gift for granted. FAMILES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER. I am eternally grateful for that knowledge, I don't know where I'd be today without it. I don't want to take my family or friends for granted especially when I think that one day will be mine or a family/friend's last and I don't want to leave anything undone or said. But I am grateful to know that I will see them again.
To my family I say I LOVE YOU! Thanks for putting up with me and loving me. And for making me laugh, even if it's at myself.
To my friends thanks for always being here and supporting me and being silly with me.
To Emma and fellow Dufurs...
HEY YOU DUFUR!!!

3 comments:

The Henriksons said...

Oh Hannah!! I love you lots. And I am so thankful that you are part of our eternal family. Dufur!!! Mom

The Henriksons said...

Where did you find that picture? You look so young. Love you!! Mom

Hannah said...

Alyssa Bier emailed me that picture a couple years ago and the other day I found it again...kinda coincidental that it was around this time of year :) I don't know when it was taken! Maybe my sophomore year?