Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Week of School

Monday: Moved into my Apartment, La Jolla 107! It's on the opposite side of my old apt, so everything is backwards! Had lunch with Mom and Dad and then they left and I got settled in. My big Bro, Britton, came over for a while. Marisa, Brittany, and I watched 17 Again.
Tuesday: Bought my textbooks(this year was the cheapest I've ever had to pay for books, under $200!) Took a trip to IF with Marisa and KP to buy groceries at Winco. That night Marisa, Brittany, and I cried our eyes out watching My Sister's Keeper.
Wednesday: Went up to Campus to print some things off at the library and just chilled with Mar and Brittany.
Thursday: First day of classes!!! Rel 215, Fundamentals of Scripture Study, I'm so pumped for. It is going to be fantastic! I love the religion teachers here at BYUI. I got a call from the Bro. Rane informing me that I'd been accepted last minute into the Child Development Practicum! After a little thought I decide to drop my Children's Lit class and Eng 311(that one was way to easy to drop:) and I am not officially doing my practicum this fall. For the practicum I will be working as a teacher in the Preschool Labs on campus Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
Friday: 4 classes-Family 100, Proclamation to the Worl(A class devoted to just that document!! How amazing is that?!) Psych 201, Developmental Psych, Family 220, Parenting, and my practicum planning class. I met with the professor over the practicum and he caught me up...just a little overwhelming...or maybe ALOT! But the nice thing is everyone is confused and overwhelmed, so at least I'm not the only one! :) So to detress and keep me from hyperventilating Marisa, Casidy(my new roommate), and I went to Taco Bell for dinner and then to the Snoasis or Snow Shack for some delicious ice cream! We got the Glaciers(ice cream on the bottom with shaved ice on top! I had Red Raspberry...YUMMY!) I am a junior, my 5th semester, in Rexburg and I've never had one!
Afterwards we went to a bonfire with some kids from our ward and some kids we didn't really know. We went to the dunes around 9, it was a blast, and another first for me. I'de never been to the dunes before! We had fun, Mar, Casidy, Kimberly, Britton, and I played would you rather, watched for falling stars, and had a bunch of laughs. I didn't take my camera but Kimberly did so hopefully she posts pictures soon!

All in all it was a pretty eventful week. I'm excited for this semester I think it's going to be great! I'm a little worried about the practicum, it's seems like a lot of work but I think that in a couple weeks I will finally get the swing of things and it'll all work out. But I do miss my family and I can't wait till Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

MaudieV said...

I loved working in the child lab. I was even chosen to be one of the teachers that was in the lab all week helping the other students. It was great. The semester I was over the lab, was the semester after the dam had broken. We had children who had lost their homes. It was a real interesting semester. I know you'll do great.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

WOW, you are going to be one busy lady!! But sure sounds like a lot of fun! OH man I love the snoasis!! I don't know if I spelled that right!! haha!! Good luck with all your classes and enjoy the warm weather while it still lasts!!!

The Henriksons said...

Wow what a week!! Sounds like a lot of fun. We miss you too and look forward to Thanksgiving. Love you babe. Mom

AubsandKenny said...

Sounds like a busy semester! I will probably need to destress a lot too, so maybe I will you see at kickboxing, because I miss our family interations group!!!!