Sunday, September 9, 2012

Life's Been Crazy

 Since I returned home from my Utah Adventure life has been absolutely crazy!


Life got crazy before Mom, Dad, and I even made it back home!  We got a flat tire and waited on the side of the road for 2 1/2 hours.  We were pretty good sports about it though.  And while it was a drag, I'd have to say that was one of the most fun road trips I've ever had.


We had a lot of family time the past few weeks and I LOVED it!  I have been able to develop better relationships with my family members, especially my mom's siblings.  I have really enjoyed that and I am so grateful for their love and support.


I tried to get in as much Sam time as possible before we sent him off for 2 years.  We had his farewell and setting apart.  And a farewell BBQ.  And we took LOTS of pictures!


I love this picture of the 5 of us kids.  We are definitely a good looking bunch!  Mom and Dad did good.


And at 4 AM we sent Sam off to the MTC.  We are so proud of him and excited for him!  We love hearing from him.  He is such a great example.

While all of this exciting stuff was going on I was also applying for jobs in Utah and trying to figure out when I should go back down.  I want to get residency so that I can apply to the University of Utah's Speech Pathology Master's program.  I applied for and was rejected for many jobs.  I had some difficult few days as I tried to figure out what the Lord wanted me to do.  And then last Tuesday I got a call to come in for an interview with a preschool in the Salt Lake area. That day I packed up ALL my stuff (except some of my books, sad day) and loaded up my car.  Wednesday I drove to Twin Falls and stayed the night with Maudie and Rick (THANK YOU SO MUCH!!).  Thursday I drove the rest of the way.  Friday morning I had my interview.  And now I am just waiting to hear back and praying that I got this job!  Life changed pretty quickly for me this week and I don't do well with quick change, I didn't have much time to plan.  But now I am here in Utah.

I am so grateful to my family and friends who have supported me through all of this (especially Katelynn and Brannon who are letting me sleep on their couch!).  This has been the biggest leap of faith I have ever taken. And I know I wouldn't have been able to do it without my family and friends who love me and have encouraged me to take this step.  The Lord has truly blessed me.

So now I begin my New Utah Adventure.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I understand this feeling. I've often had to take a leap of faith and move without a real plan. I'll be in Utah in January for a few months. We should hang out.