Sunday, May 9, 2010

To My Mom...

What I LOVE about you:
  • You make the BEST pasta salad ever. And I think everyone agrees
  • You give good hugs...even when you don't want to be touched you give good hugs
  • You sent me a text yesterday. This is why I loved it: you saw the Edward barbie doll (oh my gosh it sparkles! isn't that hilarious?!) you thought of me when you realized how outrageous it was. Then you took a picture and decided to send it to me even though you don't have text. And I know it probably took you like 10 minutes to figure out how to send it, a picture!!! Mom that is so legit! I can just see you as you try to do it. And you were successful and it totally made my day because I never get texts from my mother.
  • You called me this morning before I left for church to wish me luck and reassure me on my RS lesson. When my phone began to ring and it was your ringtone I immediately felt a little better. But then I was a horrible daughter because about 15 minutes later I realized it was Mother's Day and I didn't wish you a Happy Day. I didn't forget I was going to call you later but STILL...you thought of me on a Sunday morning and called me. And I love that you are selfless and always thinking of others! And someday I will be more like you and not wrapped up in my own life. You are so Good.
  • You send people cards. Even if it's not their birthday. You think of them and send them a little letter and I know that it just makes their day.
  • Speaking of birthdays you are really good and remembering people's birthdays and either taking them a little gift or sending them a card.
  • You could win an award for 'who can stuff the most things into a little package' It's true.
  • You live with 4 boys and 1 man...I don't think I need to elaborate...
  • You have a great taste in movies...and you are good at quoting them too
  • You are my personal translator...I think you are the only one who really understands my ohmygoshimsohyper/excitedthatiamtalkingreallyreallyfastandhaventbreathedforabout5minuteswhileitellmystoryandallmywordsareslurringtogether!
  • Your laugh. It just makes me smile
  • Your testimony. it shows in your daily life
  • You are a great teacher and example
  • You are protective of your children. Thanks for sticking up for us.
  • You are a FANTASTIC mother.
Mom, I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING!!!!!! Thanks for always being there. You're the BEST!

2 comments:

donnaR said...

Hannah,
Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog. I makes me feel like I know your mom just a little better.

Donna

The Henriksons said...

I love you Hannah!! And yes you made me cry!! Sniff, sniff. Mom