Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Favorite Pasttime

So this semester I live on the second floor of the apartment building and I absolutely LOVE it. It took some getting used to but it's pretty fantastic if for only one thing...it is much easier to spy on people from the second floor. Yes...I said SPY. My roommates and I love to look out the window overlooking the parking lot and watch people's coming and goings. Our favorite time of day to do this...a few minutes before and after curfew. We watch as people leave and arrive and say their good byes. In order to not be caught we turn off all the lights, wear dark hoodies, and put the blinds down and tilt them to the perfect angle so that we can see out but people can't really see us from the outside (yes we did test it. I went and stood in the parking lot to see if I could see my roommates looking out the window). Sometimes we open the window so we can hear what they say...but then if we start laughing out loud they can hear us. So often the window is closed shut.

We do have our favorites to watch...One is a couple we first saw a couple nights ago. They did the whole "the girl walks the boy to his car and they stand there awkwardly..." then they hugged (for a long time) And we're saying "are they going to kiss?" And then we're trying to decide how long they've known each other and create their background. Then they FINALLY kiss. And we, being the creeps we are, watch. HAHA. Suddenly they pull apart and the boy gives a whoop...yes he threw his hands in the air and whooped. It was the strangest thing. Umm... Wow...kind of a turn off personally, but hey the girl didn't seem to mind because they commenced to kissing again. And all the while cars and people are coming and going. We would've shouted "get a room" but this was just much more entertaining! When the couple finally finishes the girls begins to walk back to her apartment and the boy gives another big whoop and she stops throws her hands in the air and whoops back. Needless to say my roommates and I were rolling on the ground with laughter. We figured it was their first kiss or something and so they were both just really excited but then last night we found them again in the parking lot next to his car and when they were finished they both gave big whoops. Haha, and then we saw the girl at church today and tried not to laugh...we were somewhat successful.

The La Jolla parking lot is great fun just around curfew and if you ever need something to do around midnight or 1 AM just stop by my apartment :)

3 comments:

Ariane said...

I loved this post, Hannah! Probably because My roommates and I did the same thing when I lived at La Jolla, only we did not camouflage ourselves and we lived on the third floor. One night we watched my roommate's cousin kiss his girlfriend in his car (it was winter) for at least 30 minutes. We never looked at him the same after that.

The Hardy Things in Life said...

That is just awesome!! Love it!! Keep us updated!!

The Henriksons said...

You guys are so funny!! Mom