Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

I absolutely LOVE General Conference! It is something that I always look forward to in April and October. This time I had tickets for Saturday morning so Kimberly and I drove down Friday night and stayed at Marisa's home. Her family is always so accomodating and welcoming whenever we come!
Saturday morning Kimberly and I drove to Sandy where we then took the Trax to Temple Square. It never ceases to amaze me how many Latter Day Saints gather at Temple Square for General Conference. It's like this huge mass of Mormons crowding the streets, I mean we're everywhere! If I were a non member and lived in SLC I would shut myself in my house conference weekend! And to think that that isn't even all of us! It really is a testimony builder, we all come together, from all over th world, to hear the God speak to us through his Prophets and Apostles. I love it when the Prohet enters the conference center. It becomes absolutely quiet and we all stand. I have an overwhelming assurance that he is the Prophet of God and that he leads and guides this Church. It is also amazing to see every right hand in the conference center raised to sustain the General Authorities.
Conference was great! I came away with added strength and the desire to become a better person. I loved all the talks but the ones that stood out to me the most were Elder Scott's and Elder Holland's. I am so grateful for the things the Spirit taught me this weekend and I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

Here are some fun pictures from my trip!

Sad Faces-the usual 45 minute drive from Salt Lake to Orem to 2 hours last Friday. Why? Hmm...maybe it was the BYU vs Utah State game, Mission Reunions, and Conference.

Saturday Morning SessionWaiting in the Stand By line for second session Saturday...Yes we got in!!!
So many people!!!
Making weird faces because we're bored on the Trax ride back...
While in Orem we had to go to Hello Yogurt! It is so good!! There are about 6 different flavors of frozen yogurt(I always get cheesecake!) And then there are a plethora of toppings from fruit to candy to cookies to syrups. You put whatever you want on it and then pay by the oz. It is DELICIOUS!!!Cheescake flavored frozen Yogurt with strawberries, kiwis, and pineapple!! YUM!


6 comments:

The Henriksons said...

I am glad you got to go down to conference. It is great to be in the conference center. What food will you blog next? Mom

AubsandKenny said...

Looks like a FUN trip!

The Henriksons said...

Yes! Wasn't conference wonderful! I loved Elder Hollands talk and M. Russell Ballards talk the best. I needed Elder Ballards and Elder Hollands just inspired me. When he was done I wanted to stand up and yell from the mountain tops, THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE!

We raised you right Hannah!

Love,

Dad

MaudieV said...

Hannah!! We had tickets and were in the Saturday Morning session, too. Crazy we didn't see you!!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What fun!! I am glad you were able to go!! Derek and Stephanie went to the Saturday morning session too and my parents were at the afternoon session!! Crazy!! Anyways I just loved listening to the talks, they were so good and spiritually rejuevinating!! I don't think I spelt that right!! Glad you had fun!!

Hannah said...

Funny story! I actually saw Derek and Stephanie! They were sitting like 4 people down from me and Kimberly! it was so random!!
Maudie!! I wish I'd seen you!!