Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend with Mom

This semester has been crazy and stressful but I forgot about all that this weekend because Mom was HERE!!!! She drove down Thursday with some other mothers and was here till Saturday evening. This visit, some days, was the only thing that kept me functioning so I was pretty excited. We didn't have too much planned but to enjoy each other's company.
On Friday I got done with class at 11:15 and Mom met me on campus. I showed her preschool, the newly constructed MC(where we ate in the new cafeteria), and we visited the Bookstore. Friday night we went to a play, Tartuffe, on campus. We thoroughly enjoyed it!!! Saturday morning we slept in, I haven't slept in all semester. We ate pancakes with nutella for breakfast, went grocery shopping at Broulims, and then took a walk to the temple. I have a few pictures but my internet is being stupid and it won't load the pictures. Which is making me upset!!
But we had a FANTASTIC weekend. It was nice to have my mom here and to talk in person. I am so grateful for the relationship that we have. My mom is my best friend and I miss her every day! I'm grateful Dad and the boys were willing to let her come. Thanks!! And Mom, thanks for all you do for me! You're the best!!!!

(Hopefully the internet will work soon so I can post pictures!)

1 comment:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What a fun weekend!! Aren't moms the best?!! Hope things are going well and it sounds like you are very busy!! Just think Thanksgiving is in about a month!! Are you coming home??