Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So I've Kinda Fallen Behind...

I haven't blogged in forever! I don't know what it is about being home that makes me forget to blog. But I am going to strive from now on to keep my blog updated! It might be a little easier now that I've started working. Look forward to pictures of my kids, Josh, Adam, and Kennedy(most of them will be of Kennedy because the boys love to dodge the camera). Well, I have 3 events to write about...

The Funny Thing That Happened on the Way to Cleaning the Church Building
Okay, well maybe it wasn't funny...but mom and I and even Sam were laughing pretty hard at some points. On Monday for FHE our family cleaned the church building. We all headed to the cars and Sam was on the trampoline. When Sam makes it to the car I say "Como Estas?" And he grunts, "Hannah SHUT UP!" Mom gets in the car and asks if he's okay and he tells her the same thing. I can't tell if he is faking pain or what. Sam keeps saying he doesn't want to talk about it, the truth is he can't and we can see he's holding back tears. Finally we find out that while on the trampoline Sam had begun a backflip and decided midair not to and he landed flat on the trampoline hitting his shins on the edge of the tramp. OUCH! Dad, who is in the other car, had seen the accident but not knowing how bad it was said, "How'd you break your legs?" Sam in pain is actually kind of funny...he kept repeating what dad had said and Luke keeps telling Sam that he thinks he is faking the pain. Mom and I are laughing so hard and Sam laughs to keep from crying. Suddenly Sam says, "I'm bleeding...my sock was white and now it's red." We pull over and Sam pulls up his pant leg to
reveal this...
It is a puncture wound. Let us remember that Sam doesn't take the sight of blood well. We told him not to look at it but he had to hold a cloth to it to stop the blood. Once we arrived at the church we had him lie down on the ground...he was looking a litle pale.
He didn't faint and after a while was in the building helping us. At home we found a pencil by the trampoline and that was the only object that could've punctured him because the springs are covered. The irony is that not 10 minutes before Sam got on the tramp I was teasing him about having 4 pencils in his pant pocket. It reminds me of the movie While You Were Sleeping("We were playing basketball, I had a pencil in my pocket. I'm a lawyer I do that") If you haven't seen the movie, See it! it's one of my favorites. I put on some Enya(she's always a calming influence) and we cleaned up the wound. We are pretty sure that one of the pencils fell out of his pocket and when he landed punctured his shin. But he didn't need stitches and now he is fine. But we're still kinda laughing.


Luke's First Grade Concert
While Marisa was here we took Luke to his first grade concert. It was so fun and Luke is such a character! He'd been talking about it for weeks and planning his outfit. He decided to wear his suit jacket, I wanted him to wear his church suit too but he wouldn't. He was so animated throughout the whole thing. I died laughing and so were the parents around me.

In the first picture Luke is playing the saxophone...video soon to come!


Marisa's
Visit
Marisa left on Saturday. Here are some pictures from our week together.
Mar with Abish, Sam's gecko
Luke and Marisa became BFFs!


Well this is kind of a novel! I'll try to keep up so they won't be this long any more!

No comments: