Sunday, February 14, 2010

You don't want to be in love...You want to be in Love in a Movie...or Book

I celebrated this Valentine's Day with my Jane Austen men plus 1.
Feast your eyes...then read the books.

Captain Wentworth(Persuasion)...My personal Favorite. Don't even get me started on how AMAZING he is!!!! I won't ever shut up.

Mr. Darcy(Pride and Prejudice) Maybe the most popular. You just have to break through the rough exterior to find the passionate man underneath.

Edward Ferrars (Sense & Sensibility) Quiet, Shy, Handsome, and Loyal.

Mr. Tilney( Northanger Abbey) Not many people loves this one but I do! He's sweet and flirtatious!!!

Colonel Brandon(Sense & Sensibility) Does he need an explanation? Even if he did need an explanation there are no words.

Mr. Knightley (Emma) What can I say? He whipped Emma into shape. We could all use a Mr. Knightley in our lives.

Tom Lefroy(from Jane's real life) GORGEOUS!! The SEXY bad boy from the 1800's. Why didn't they get married? It breaks my heart every time!

John Thornton...he isn't one of Jane's. He is from Elizabeth Gaskel's North & South.
He's like Mr. Darcy.


Now I know that I won't ever find a REAL guy like any of these men...but for now I can dream can't I?

3 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Totally dream, you will find your prince charming one day!! Happy Valentines!

The Henriksons said...

WOW!! Those are some good looking guys. I must admit my favorites are Mr. Darcy and John Thornton. But I do like Edward. Mom

The Henriksons said...

Okay, I also really like Col. Brandon and Mr. Knightly. So, how about the men from Lord of the Rings? Hahaha, Mom