Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer update!!

Man I have really fallen behind this summer! I can't seem to stay up to date on my blog, not that I've done anything too exciting lately. I have also failed in taking pictures! Ahh! What's happening to me!? :)
So what have I been doing lately besides obsessing over John Thornfield? Well, I took the kids to the Clark County Fair last week. I wasn't too excited but we ended up having fun. I bought the boys all day ride passes so we split up and while they rode the rides all day Kennedy and I visited the animals, other booths, and watched a juggling show! We also got Jumbo Elephant ears, which are truly enormous!Ken with the Llama...

Ken with the rope she made!

Miss Kennedy...isn't she cute?

One thing I forgot to mention about the fair, and that I didn't get a picture of was the Belly dancers. Kennedy and I stumbled across them in the "Kids Park" area of the fair. After a few minutes I began to wonder why they were in the children's section because they were a little disturbing...One dancer was probably 8 months pregnant and the rest were not thin at all! Most had belly flab hanging out with stretch marks and the dancing was not very good. Oh and I'm quite positive one was a man dressed/changed into a women. Soon I was hiding Kennedy's eyes and walking quickly away! haha, oh the things you see at the County fair!

Well, I've just been working and now I am beginning to think about heading back to Rexburg. I leave September 4th, Mom and Dad are driving me down. My goal is to pack light this year, I seem to accumulate so much junk every year! Maybe once I return to Rexburg I'll be better at blogging!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

ewwwww about the belly dancers lol. I love coming to your blog, always has good music!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Love that story about the belly dancers!! They are strange people!! But it sure sounds like you all had a good time at the fair!! Happy to hear that! I can't believe you will be leaving for school in just a couple of weeks!! That is crazy!! But I am sure you are a little excited! haha! wink wink!! Hope you enjoy your last weeks at home, especially mama's home cookin!! Love ya!!