Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Let me introduce you to...


John Thornfield
of Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South



He's right up there with Mr. Darcy and Capt. Wentworth in my book, although he is more like Mr. Darcy than Wentworth. He's headstrong and proud with a temper but also completely charming and sexy.


Yesterday Mom and I went to our friends Sandy and Brittany Ririe's house to watch North and South. They have been wanting us to watch it with them all summer and Brittany and I had the day off so it became a date! It is similar to Pride and Prejudice but a little shorter and with a deeper plot than just falling in love. The main character is Margaret Hale who's family moves from the country in the South of England to a cotton mill town in the North and find the culture quite different as they try to adjust. This is where John Thornfield, a Cotton Mill Master, enters. It is so good, I recomment it to any of you who enjoy Pride and Prejudice or Wives and Daughters. Mom and I thoroughly enjoyed North and South and are so glad the Ririe's, who share our love of Jane Austen and like authors and mystery and romance, shared it with us.
Watch it...it's AMAZING.

3 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What a fun date!! I will have to watch it!! Hope things are going well!!

Carol Brown said...

If you like him in that you need to watch the BBC series Robin Hood ...He is Sir Guy Gisbon.. kind of a mean power hungry guy..but for some reason... I kind of like him and want Marian to be with him.

Carol Brown said...

Oh Ya and You need to watch Cranford next if you have not already...Its another Gaskill movie. We love it.but I can't let you borrow it cause I am grounded from loaning movies. Net flix it though.