Monday, March 28, 2011

Festival of Colors




This is right after everyone begins throwing color. It was every where! Those in the middle had face masks so they could breathe. We stayed on the outskirts of the group because it was our first time.



This weekend Marisa, Baylee, and I headed down to Utah to celebrate the Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork. The Festival of Colors is the celebration of a Hindu holiday called Holi. It is a celebration of the beginning of Spring. There is a Hindu Temple in Spanish Fork and every year they celebrate Holi. It got it's common name, Festival of Colors, because part of the ritual is to throw powdered colors at everyone. Actually in India they t
hrow colored water. It was so fun! We had such a blast and I can't believe I haven't gone in the past!

Throwing colored powder at each other was really fun. We also enjoyed throwing it at random strangers. The people who arrived all clean were walking targets! The atmosphere was great! Most of the people were college students and probably not even Hindu.
I'm so glad that we got the opportunity to go and I hope that I will have the opportunity to go again.



1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to this. I went once, but we were so late we missed the fun part.